NOT ONLY DOES MARY BELL HAVE AN ATTITUDE, SHE’S GOT A CONSCIENCE TOO!
FOOD DRYING WITH AN ATTITUDE
A Fun and Fabulous Guide to Creating Snacks, Meals, and Crafts
by Mary T. Bell
“What a glorious book! This book is now essential reading for our entire culinary team at Charlie Trotter’s restaurant.” —Charlie Trotter
It’s fun, easy, and even exciting! Food drying is a playful, hands-on activity that stimulates curiosity and taste buds in young and old alike. With mouth-watering recipes for cooking and baking, Food Drying with an Attitude, by Mary T. Bell, encourages readers to use dried foods all year. Vegetarians, hunters, gardeners, fishermen, gourmet cooks, and even fast-food enthusiasts will find inspirational new ways to enjoy their favorite foods.
Never again feel guilty when it’s time to clean out the refrigerator—save money by drying out limp celery or half an onion. “Waste not, want not,” Mary T. Bell says. Want more control over the use of additives and preservatives? Don’t throw away that old banana—dry it! The process is less nutritionally damaging than freezing or canning food and it doesn’t take a huge commitment—the dehydrator does all the work.. Here are some of the amazing skills you’ll learn inside Food Drying with an Attitude:
· Make dry fruit and vegetable purées—everything from applesauce to thick liquids such as spaghetti sauce and vegetable soup.
· Prepare lightweight, portable dried foods to take along when on adventures in the great outdoors.
· Create unique gifts such as mint leaf candy, homemade paper, vegetable wreaths, soap, homemade candles, and potpourris.
· Treat your pets with homemade goodies.
· Learn how food dehydrators work.
· Integrate dried foods into cooking and baking to make breakfast, lunch, and dinner tastier and healthier.
· Make jerky, fruit roll-ups, herbs, bread, jelly, and much, much more!
Mary T. Bell has traveled all over North and Central America teaching others the secrets of food drying. Now, her thirty years of food drying experience can be yours in Food Drying with an Attitude. It’s a book for everyone who is looking to eat healthier and cheaper, wishing to expand their dietary horizons, and for those who believe in finding ways to live a more sustainable lifestyle.
REVIEWERS: PLEASE FEEL FREE TO PRINT UP TO THREE RECIPES FROM FOOD DRYING WITH AN ATTITUDE AS PART OF YOUR REVIEW.
Mary T. Bell is the author of Mary Bells’ Complete Dehydrator Cookbook, Jerky People, Just Jerky and Dehydration Made Simple. She promotes green agriculture and encourages sustainable living and lives in Lanesboro, Minnesota.
IS AVAILABLE FOR INTERVIEW
978-1-60239-220-5 / 8 ¾” x 8 ¾” / 160 pages
Skyhorse Publishing (distributed by W. W. Norton)